Partner Anjie Law Firm
Deputy Chief Legal Division of Shanghai Municipal Commission of Economy and Informatization
Mandarin Chinese / English
LLM Shanghai University of International Business and Economics (SUIBE)
LLB Shanghai Jiao Tong University (SJTU)
Chinese Bar Qualification
Master Tutor of KoGuan Law School in Shanghai Jiao Tong University
Member of Internet Research Committee of Shanghai Bar Association
PRC Leading Lawyer in the PE/VC sector - LEGALBAND, 2015 & 2016
PRC Leading Lawyer in the TMT sector - LEGALBAND, 2015 & 2016
• Closed more than 200 transactions in which more than RMB 30 billions of capital benefiting the start-up companies, listed companies and unicorns. Mr. Cai has advised more than 10 leading private equity and venture capital firms in their investments, including Morningside Venture Capital, Yuantai Partners, CGP Investment, Ivy Capital, Engage Capital, Everbright Limited, SAIF Partners, Panda Capital, Peivy Funds and Eastern Bell Venture Capital.
• Advised NHD, YY Inc. and We Doctor Group in their private equity investments and acquisitions.
• Represented more than 50 Companies in their equity financing transactions in which the aggregate capital of more than US$ 2 billion was raised. The investors were the PRC leading firms including IDG, Sequoia, Hillhouse, Banyan, DST, DCM, Qiming, Matrix, GSR, SIG, TBP, Yonghua Capital, Legend Capital, IFC, Shunwei, Tiantu Capital and some Internet companies such as Tencent, JD, Xiaomi and Ant Financial, etc.
• Represented the companies in their equity financing transactions in which the aggregate capital of more than 300 million was raised. The investors were We Doctor Group, the RMB 1 billion equity financing of SMEE, the US$ 100 million equity financing of iwjw.com, and around US$ 50 million equity financing transactions of other companies, including Aihuishou, Souche, Xueqiu, Daojia, WPS, Huixiaoer, Kunlun Fight, etc.
• Advised the carriers such as China Mobile, China Unicom and Virgin Mobile.
• Assisted T-GAIA in entering the PRC mobile phone distribution market and setting up the outlets branded “T-GAIA”.
• Represented China Mobile in a variety of corporate transactions with the RIM.
• Represented more than 100 TMT companies in a variety of corporate transactions, including private equity financing, M&A, restructuring, establishment/deconstruction of VIE structure, compliance, ESOP, etc. The major clients include lvmama.com, hujiang.com, tudou.com, 99bill.com, YY, 5173, Kuaipao, Aihuishou, 273.com, We Doctor Group, China Smartpay Group, Kuaishou, microseer.com, chinac.com, Souche, woqu.com, Kunlun Fight, yi-inc.com, Huixiaoer, ChinaScope, Autoant, emao.com, hftsoft.com, Yongqianbao, ZDworks, etc.
• Provided legal services concerning medical institutions, biological science enterprise and hospitals, including Z’an Clinic, Fudan Hospital Logistic Service, Labway, Medical System and APT.
• Advised some mobile medical companies, including We Doctor Group, Wuzhen Internet Hospital, Uhealth Medical, tanghushi.com and Ruoshui.me.
• Advised some medical instrument and intelligence hardware vendors, including Panther Healthcare, VR Medical, Wenxin Electronic, H&L Medical systems.
• Advised an air cleaner company, Suzhou Beiang Tech.
• Represented China Smartpay Group Holdings on its acquisition of Open Union and Colorful China. The Open Union deal was the first successful acquisition via VIE structure after the HKEX amended the rule of LD43-3 applying to VIE structure.
• Represented YY Inc. in its investment to Edu24Ol.com.
• Advised OLX.com as PRC counsel in its sale of edeng.cn to Naspers.
• Represented yi-inc.com in its destruction of VIE structure, splitting the business of Yami.ren.
• Assisted dhf100.com in its merger with kuaidadi.com.
19/F, Tower D1, Liangmaqiao Diplomatic Office Building, No. 19 Dongfangdonglu, Chaoyang District, Beijing 100600
Tel:+86 10 8567 5988
Fax:+86 10 8567 5999
28/F, K.Wah Center,
No. 1010 Huaihai Road (M), Shanghai 200031
Tel:+86 21 2422 4888
Fax:+86 21 2422 4800
21/F, Tower 3, Kerry Plaza,
No. 1-1 Zhongxinsi Road, Futian District, Shenzhen 518041
Tel:+86 755 8285 0609
Fax:+86 755 8285 0605